In Santa Clarita, I made friends with Maura. She is the daughter of Tom, a new friend this year, a kindred spirit. Maura is five years old with red red hair and great big eyes. We played Barbies (just about all of whom are princesses) and then danced together to the soundtrack of Shrek 2. We sat together at breakfast. She told me her friends are bossy and sometimes she has to tell on one of them. She had the aura of a little girl well-cared for and deeply loved. In her beautiful house, on a sunny Sunday morning, we played. Later, at church, she brought me a picture of her mommy. She looked just like a princess.
Thursday, March 10, 2005
Previous Posts
- I have seen paradise and it is southern California...
- I'm madly, crazily running around trying to get re...
- Snow storm. So begins March.Last night, driving h...
- I'm walking around these days with U2 playing cons...
- Fighter jets flew over the house this afternoon. ...
- A very quiet afternoon. I'm by myself. Greg took...
- I thought it was a day off, but it wasn't. It did...
- Snapshots:Last weekend, furiously cleaning house, ...
- Can't. Get. To. Blog. Too. Busy.
- All children are artists. The problem is how to re...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home