Monday, February 28, 2005

I'm walking around these days with U2 playing constantly in my head. Constantly. A few weeks back I watched a Saturday Night Live rerun and absolutely hooted at Colin Farrell as Bono. (How easily am I amused, eh?) I dreamed that Johnny Depp (seen on the Oscars right before bed last night) owned a jewelry store and I lingered at the counter asking him questions hoping he'd "notice" me. Alas. My daughter and I kept a running commentary going throughout the Oscars, thus proving that when you don't watch television, you can keep up pretty well with pop culture if you rent movies all the time. This is a dubious accomplishment. All this celebrity--all this gossip, even as I've vowed not to sneak a look at the People magazine in the orthodontist's office anymore because I'm moving on to far weightier things. Here's to you, Hillary Swank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home