Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Working on probably one of my worst habits--the practice of triangling. You know this phenomenon? The one where somebody hurts you or disappoints you or makes you mad and you may or may not be honest with them about how it affected you, but either way, you go and tell someone else about it. To be able to vent. To find allies and bring people to your side. To have someone say, "No way, you're kidding!! He or she did what?" Maybe even to make yourself feel better by tearing another person down. I learned it from my family. I've been doing it my whole life. Even the last twelve years when I've been trained and trained others in conflict resolution. It is devastating personally to relationships, and corporately to the greater network of relationships. I don't rely on it as much anymore, seeing it for what it really it is, but it's something I still need to work on. Because I'm ready to be healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home