Trying to fathom the fact that while I sit in my quiet family room, safe and dry, a kitchen stocked with food, a lovely little laptop before me, my only cares in the world today grief over the loss of a pet, a to do list for work, and what I will cook for company tonight,
half a world away, a military that I pay for is blowing up people's homes, ruining an at-best fragile infrastructure, murdering innocent men,women and yes, children, by bomb and sniper, violating human rights, precipitating absolute chaos. (And that is a clean, simplistic way to put it.)
What is my role here? What are my responsibilities? Am I truly allowing this to happen?
half a world away, a military that I pay for is blowing up people's homes, ruining an at-best fragile infrastructure, murdering innocent men,women and yes, children, by bomb and sniper, violating human rights, precipitating absolute chaos. (And that is a clean, simplistic way to put it.)
What is my role here? What are my responsibilities? Am I truly allowing this to happen?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home