I have to tell this story. You can skip it if you don't like sentimental pet stories. Last night, knowing it was Tigger's last night, I got him out of the bathroom (his critical care unit) and put him on a towel on the floor and just pet him and talked to him while Greg and I watched a movie. Then I grieved a lot and put him to bed.
This morning I visited him,kind of noted his condition (very wobbly) and wondered again if we were making the right decision to put him to sleep. Was it the right thing? Could he get better? Then to work. At lunch time, I decided to check on him, and found that he had died quietly, not long before. So. This kitty's gone. There is no decision. Just waiting for the kids to come home so we can hold a little family service. Fare you well, Tigger.
This morning I visited him,kind of noted his condition (very wobbly) and wondered again if we were making the right decision to put him to sleep. Was it the right thing? Could he get better? Then to work. At lunch time, I decided to check on him, and found that he had died quietly, not long before. So. This kitty's gone. There is no decision. Just waiting for the kids to come home so we can hold a little family service. Fare you well, Tigger.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home