It's this thing about loving thy neighbor that's getting to me. Y'know, I'm trying to be mindful. I've learned so much this summer about living in the moment--redemption is available every single moment because the present moment is all we have. This also means that every moment is new--a new chance for right relationship, a new chance to forgive. And that's what needs to be done if I'm going to love all my neighbors. Even the woman to whom I looked for help two weeks ago and she just happened to bitch me out because apparently she had a bad day and a different agenda. What is that about? Every time I go over this incident, I breathe life into it again. I bring it into the present moment. As long as I keep rerunning this crappy episode, it has energy. It has a hold on me. It holds me down, earthbound. Heaven calls for more from me. It's time to forgive. So I intellectualize--I realize that down deep, beneath her issues, lies her God-given soul. I'm called to honor her and every other human being on this planet. Love=Honor. So I'm trying to muster up some saintly courage and love her, flaws and all. Lord, help me.
Monday, September 15, 2003
Previous Posts
- God evaluates by this criterion: How much love you...
- 10 o'clock, Friday night. Husband out of town. K...
- Rus posted some interview questions on his blog. ...
- Lookee!! Comments!! Thanks, Mr. Sharifi!
- Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one ...
- Today I read. News article: Man shoots 14 year o...
- Dear Comments, I miss you very much. Please come ...
- Kicking it out. This evening, about 8:30, a frien...
- This holiday weekend is all I'm looking for. Rain...
- "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home