Friday, September 19, 2003

I'm listening to Bruce Cockburn lately. His music is beat generation poetry for these times, like soul food, like yes. I bought You've Never Seen Everything in Nova Scotia a few months back. What better place to buy the work of a Canadian artist than in Canada? It sat around a while until one day when I was painting. I hit repeat and its been playing ever since. We need more artists like him; musicians who think deeply about current events and respond, who ask questions with no easy answers. I'm told I should see him live. Someday. Now I'm just happy to absorb his cd vibes.

From Postcards from Cambodia:

And this is too big for anger,
it's too big for blame.
We stumble through history so humanly lame-
So I bow down my head-
Say a prayer for us all
That we don't fear the spirit
when it comes to call...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home