There are tears and there are tears. This week, they seem to be pure grief; no fears or anxiety allowed. In the spring came the stormy tears, angry at everything-that-is-out-of-my-control tears, when that fateful pink slip was placed in my hands. Now school is starting and sad gentle tears fall. Pure grief. I will still be at school, but I've lost my place. So I let these tears do their cleansing. It's the kind of thing where I cover my eyes and weep, quietly, then lay my hands down, open, ready for whatever will come next.
Friday, August 08, 2003
Previous Posts
- I shopped around Target the other day. Every time...
- Anne: (having finished putting together a beautif...
- I'm looking for ways to wrap my arms around the pr...
- I've been running again this summer. No, really. ...
- The sea was a peridot--grey-green and clear in the...
- Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia. Been there? W...
- I was fooled. There's this tall, weedy plant popp...
- The present moment--where eternity touches time. ...
- Gleaned after thirty hours of reading en route to ...
- Latham, New York on the second day of summer. We ...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home