I've been running again this summer. No, really. Two miles a day now, 3-5 days a week. It's getting quite easy, like a plateau. I owe lots of gratitude for motivation to Greg, my running partner. That feeling, the feeling of ohmygosh, I can do this, there's power in those legs, is still a novelty. And my head is quiet as I put one foot in front of the other. This morning, I reveled in the frigid low humidty 65 degree weather. The commitment is to keep it up into the school year until it's too nasty to run. I think I can.
Tuesday, July 22, 2003
Previous Posts
- The sea was a peridot--grey-green and clear in the...
- Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia. Been there? W...
- I was fooled. There's this tall, weedy plant popp...
- The present moment--where eternity touches time. ...
- Gleaned after thirty hours of reading en route to ...
- Latham, New York on the second day of summer. We ...
- I sit out on my front porch with a breeze promisin...
- Saturday afternoon: A barn with sunlight streamin...
- Tuesday, 1 a.m. I can't sleep; I woke up after dr...
- "No matter where I roam, you know every single sou...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home