I traveled many miles today to visit a friend. We did the womanthing--chatted, broke some bread together, chatted, teased a store clerk, chatted some more. What is it with the word chat? It's very common; we use it all the time. But it doesn't really capture the essence. It conveys that talk is cheap, trivial. But it's not. All this chatting is really about connecting. Still, I need to start again with a word that conveys a closer meaning. My friend and I spoke, broke some bread together, chatted, teased a store clerk, and spoke some more. Chatting is a head thing, speaking is a soul thing. And connecting is the very best thing you can do with a wise new friend.
Sunday, August 11, 2002
Previous Posts
- Waking up. When I was 25, my mother died. Two an...
- I've been reading again. It always happens. I ca...
- I have this censored word list. Now that I am bac...
- I went to Kohl's today to do a little "retail ther...
- I can breathe again. It seems a teacher who had a...
- Home. Not on the range, although I was just there...
- A final note on this crazy web-tv holiday inn blog...
- In Kansas, we slept under the stars. We camped...
- The Rockies are sprawled outside my window right n...
- Beware of falling rockets. We took the kids to th...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home