I have this censored word list.
Now that I am back in the saddle again, I spend my time thinking up creative ways of teaching sixth graders lots of things--especially writing. So--I think these children will have blogs. Cool idea, huh? Authentic publishing at their fingertips. I think they will love it.
Next idea--magnetic poetry. I went to the store and got the basic magnetic poetry kit (400 words, $19.95). I went through the words today, and had to pull a few. Yes, censorship. Mostly because I understand how 12 year old boy minds (and lest I be thought of as sexist, girl minds) work. K., my seventh grade daughter, received her own personal "growth and development" education last year listening to a classmate's stories.
So here's the list:
blow, lust, lick, pant, ugly, sausage, breast, drool, sordid, heave, raw, meat, tongue, blood, shot, knife, goddess (after all, I'm in conservative Christianland).
My children suggest I also take out rob, dress, and of all things, love. (K.--"Mo-om, the boys will put make and love together!!"). Love is in, dress and rob, I'm trying to figure out if I need to pull them.
Now that I am back in the saddle again, I spend my time thinking up creative ways of teaching sixth graders lots of things--especially writing. So--I think these children will have blogs. Cool idea, huh? Authentic publishing at their fingertips. I think they will love it.
Next idea--magnetic poetry. I went to the store and got the basic magnetic poetry kit (400 words, $19.95). I went through the words today, and had to pull a few. Yes, censorship. Mostly because I understand how 12 year old boy minds (and lest I be thought of as sexist, girl minds) work. K., my seventh grade daughter, received her own personal "growth and development" education last year listening to a classmate's stories.
So here's the list:
blow, lust, lick, pant, ugly, sausage, breast, drool, sordid, heave, raw, meat, tongue, blood, shot, knife, goddess (after all, I'm in conservative Christianland).
My children suggest I also take out rob, dress, and of all things, love. (K.--"Mo-om, the boys will put make and love together!!"). Love is in, dress and rob, I'm trying to figure out if I need to pull them.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home