Home. Not on the range, although I was just there.
I will never forget
carpets of flowers, yellow, blue and white
the Grand Tetons. My God, I have never seen such beauty.
a hike to the sky above Jenny Lake, hidden waterfalls, fields of granite, and cool breezes on the point
the spires of hidden sandstone castles--the Badlands
the value of a shower when it is a rare and precious thing. Believe me.
a microbrew made with hot peppers--ay carramba!
antelopes--i would never have believed such creatures existed on this continent
following the sad plight of the American Indian--reading Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee while treading the very ground taken away
the lights of LaCrosse Wisconsin, at night, from a bluff high above the Mississippi, our campsite
the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming--green, rounded mountains, undulating before me
Mount Rushmore, may I never visit that tourist mecca again. Yeow. A blight upon God's green earth.
the times my family just enjoyed each other's company, rarer than I would have planned, but a wonderous thing on a three thousand mile trip in a little teeny car
kicking the trip off with song from Sarah Masen
hours upon hours outdoors with nothing to worry about
that big Kansas sky
Amen.
I will never forget
carpets of flowers, yellow, blue and white
the Grand Tetons. My God, I have never seen such beauty.
a hike to the sky above Jenny Lake, hidden waterfalls, fields of granite, and cool breezes on the point
the spires of hidden sandstone castles--the Badlands
the value of a shower when it is a rare and precious thing. Believe me.
a microbrew made with hot peppers--ay carramba!
antelopes--i would never have believed such creatures existed on this continent
following the sad plight of the American Indian--reading Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee while treading the very ground taken away
the lights of LaCrosse Wisconsin, at night, from a bluff high above the Mississippi, our campsite
the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming--green, rounded mountains, undulating before me
Mount Rushmore, may I never visit that tourist mecca again. Yeow. A blight upon God's green earth.
the times my family just enjoyed each other's company, rarer than I would have planned, but a wonderous thing on a three thousand mile trip in a little teeny car
kicking the trip off with song from Sarah Masen
hours upon hours outdoors with nothing to worry about
that big Kansas sky
Amen.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home