Tuesday, July 09, 2002

I light a candle in my window,
Every night been looking for a sign.
As yet I haven't seen it.
Maybe I will, maybe I won't ,
Maybe I don't care if I do or don't,
Maybe it's just enough to try.
And I've got a whole lot of hope
I've been keeping in my pocket,
Safe from harm.
--Carrie Newcomer

Been lighting candles the last couple of nights for friends and family. Sending my little prayers heavenward. There's way too many people hurting these days.

As for me, I'm doing better. Since my big low point last week, been trying to embrace (thinking of you, Lynne) the uncertainty of the coming fall. I'll be just fine as a substitute teacher, I've decided. So now I'm moving on--just breathing and trying to enjoy the time off rather than worrying. And if my projects are half finished, who cares? How privileged am I to even be off this summer? Life is here, now. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home