Thursday, August 25, 2005

Yesterday was a great day. I love people. Mostly.

At the newly named Manchester Jr. Sr. High School, I attended open house at the "west campus" AND the "east campus". (For those of you far afield, these are two tiny little schools next door to each other which, due to the same nagging financial problems that plagued the school system two years ago leading to my lay off, have consolidated). It was arranged that those of us with children in both schools could walk through their schedules and meet every teacher. It was fun and kind of eye opening to look at the parents sitting around you and realize who is in your child's classes. I know I complain about this small town but it is nice to be on good acquaintance terms with so many people. I've related to these people for years. And there I was circulating through, sitting at desks listening to my old colleagues. It made me smile. That's good, right? Last year, it still would have made me cry. But not last night. So I'm all warm-hearted toward humanity today.

Oh, and while I'm all doe-eyed and happy, others near me are experiencing otherwise, churches are in conflict, and one young friend looks forward to her baptism on Sunday. Time to light candles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home