Monday, March 21, 2005

I think I need to stop reading the news. How helpful is it for me to watch our society unravel? Every day I think about the things I love--hot showers, the woodstove keeping us warm, reading books, listening to my kids (oh, this is getting better and better I find as I work to set aside time), nights out with my husband, cooking really yummy food, hanging out with friends, bead class, driving (ha! I'm joking), and sleeping under a down comforter. Are these things threatened by an enemy or because my country is drumming up enemies by destabilizing nations around the world? What about the military-industrial complex draining our resources and destabilizing our own nation as the gap grows between the haves and the have-nots? The debt we're generating as a nation! I get so worked up about this! There is more to life than forcing others to do your will. Everyone needs to learn this lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home