Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A thoughtful response to those who feel that Christians who voted Kerry are not "real Americans" can be found here. Excerpt:

"You ridiculed this lady who took seriously the words of Jesus whom you claim to worship, and you mock words from a Bible that you and the religious right claim to be the inerrant Word of God. I find this grossly offensive and arrogant. It is so akin to the hypocrisy of the story of a little Jewish girl in Poland running from the Nazis on a Christmas Eve night. Cold and eating from garbage cans, she passed Christians in church singing ''Peace on Earth, goodwill toward men,'' but to go in meant likely death. A very good read. I wish I could say it so well." ~David Harkness

There is room to breathe this week. Things are quiet, I'm catching up on weeks of work, no appointments, which means that I have hours of uninterrupted time before the kids get home from school. My girl and I discovered the art of hair straightening last night and she is thrilled with her new do. Right now any self esteem booster is a welcome thing in this house. And now, to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home