The weather could not be more beautiful. I traveled a few hours today to speak with some church people in conflict. All I can say is that when people are in a dispute, good, decent rational people, they do the most hurtful things. Reason gets suspended. You hear the story with a mediator demeanor--calm, neutral, and you think, that person did what?
It was a big city day; a treat. I found the nearest Hobby Lobby and picked out new beads-half off this week. (Walk, don' t run!!) The things I found for the women!! I get more out of selecting beads and watching the women put them together than making things myself. The pinks, the turquoises! So and so will use these, I know it. This is what I love. Putting it together and making it happen for them.
This group--the liveliest group I've had. They open up and talk and laugh. One had a court date and spoke of her disappointment--her support person didn't show up. Another talks about her kids as she makes necklaces for them. Last week it was drug talk. One woman who left jail in June was back this week. So much for beads helping to lower the recidivism rate. She and I talked about her kids, how her homecoming went, how long she'll be in this time. It's a good fit. I look forward to seeing them and they look forward to working with the beads.
It was a big city day; a treat. I found the nearest Hobby Lobby and picked out new beads-half off this week. (Walk, don' t run!!) The things I found for the women!! I get more out of selecting beads and watching the women put them together than making things myself. The pinks, the turquoises! So and so will use these, I know it. This is what I love. Putting it together and making it happen for them.
This group--the liveliest group I've had. They open up and talk and laugh. One had a court date and spoke of her disappointment--her support person didn't show up. Another talks about her kids as she makes necklaces for them. Last week it was drug talk. One woman who left jail in June was back this week. So much for beads helping to lower the recidivism rate. She and I talked about her kids, how her homecoming went, how long she'll be in this time. It's a good fit. I look forward to seeing them and they look forward to working with the beads.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home