Thursday, September 02, 2004

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."
~Andy DuFresne, The Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King

Okay, due to previously unforeseen circumstances, I found myself taking a wellness day today. Remember when they were called sick days? Now they are flexible, as we all should be here in the 21st century.

The day was s l o w. I had no agenda. I needed to nap. Otherwise I pretty much sat and read. There were a few feverish errands right smack in the middle of the day but otherwise, I sat around trying to be well.

Tonight I took my daughter to dance class in the city at sunset. I sat on the front stoop, cars going by, skyline backlit and just breathed it all in. Drove home in the dusk and realized that for the past hour and a half I had been completely mindful--living moment by moment. It was good. Ah, but then I turned on the 80's station, Chaka Khan sang to me and I found myself musing on the days of being twentysomething. We sang. "I feel for you. I think I love you..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home