Saturday, April 24, 2004

The air here smells so green it's like I fell asleep and woke up midsummer. I met a man who lives on Tinker Creek, the Tinker Creek, and I told him I just wanted to visit him and see it for myself. I'm in a space where, in the middle of a workshop, we all stop and take time to reflect on our learnings, meditate, and pray if so moved, before we transition to a new topic. I myself have led a group in prayer twice the past two days, taking it on like it's something I do all the time. I made a mistake yesterday, marinated myself in guilt for just a short time (this is progress), rolled up my sleeves and fixed it before it turned into something hurtful. This is what working in the faith community is; like growing up or growing into something bigger than myself. It's about leadership and identity and the permission to publicly mix my faith and my peace convictions and I'm not alone and it's ok. There is so much work to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home