Monday, March 29, 2004

Lynne and I and our families were walking in the woods by the river when Lynne heard this little squealing sound by a tree. We looked and looked and there in the mud was a baby raccoon. A tiny one, eyes unopened, leetle tiny ringed tail. You got it; it's now in my house. When we found it, I really was going to leave it there but it's skin was so very cold, I was pretty sure it wouldn't last long. So, in a box, on a heating pad, it spent the night here, me feeding it homemade baby raccoon formula I found on the web. I called a wildlife rehabilitator near here and she's willing to take it. Meanwhile, Rascal, as my son calls it, eats pretty well and sleeps most of the time. The only problem I have is this boy of mine wanting to raise it for a week or two. What to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home