Living in the space-time continuum between Christmas and New Year's is an art; I'm still learning to master it. Things are quiet a lot of the time, punctuated with prolonged bursts of energy, visits, more talking than I do in a month. We've laughed with friends over the past few days; today more family. Kids watching way too much television, staying up past midnight, sleeping in till noon. Me, I seek the quiet spaces inbetween, introvert again. I'm still waiting for something. But the sun's shining, the weather'll be a balmy 45 degrees today and my brothers and sisters' families are gathering.
Rilke--from one of my Merry Christmas gifts from Greg:
"What more shall I say to you?": Everything seems to me to have its just emphasis; and after all I do only want to advise you to keep growing quietly and seriously throughout your whole development ; you cannot disturb it more rudely than by looking outward and expecting from outside replies to questions that only your inmost feeling in your most hushed hour can perhaps answer."
Rilke--from one of my Merry Christmas gifts from Greg:
"What more shall I say to you?": Everything seems to me to have its just emphasis; and after all I do only want to advise you to keep growing quietly and seriously throughout your whole development ; you cannot disturb it more rudely than by looking outward and expecting from outside replies to questions that only your inmost feeling in your most hushed hour can perhaps answer."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home