Star
All I can say is this: I'm looking for a star. Somewhere there's a star to help me navigate through the rest of this strange year, the year of non-teaching. I've been so lucky this fall. But now the year is turning and the future looms--a thousand possibilities. I have no clue where I'm heading. Last year at this time, and the year before, I knew by now that I was heading for the worst possible thing--layoff. And here it is--not so bad--working at my awesome temp job. But beyond that, who knows? I rest in the uncertainty most of the time, but some days, like today, the last school day before Christmas break, I remember what I had as a teacher, sigh, and start looking for that star.
All I can say is this: I'm looking for a star. Somewhere there's a star to help me navigate through the rest of this strange year, the year of non-teaching. I've been so lucky this fall. But now the year is turning and the future looms--a thousand possibilities. I have no clue where I'm heading. Last year at this time, and the year before, I knew by now that I was heading for the worst possible thing--layoff. And here it is--not so bad--working at my awesome temp job. But beyond that, who knows? I rest in the uncertainty most of the time, but some days, like today, the last school day before Christmas break, I remember what I had as a teacher, sigh, and start looking for that star.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home