Angels
"The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand;
The angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they're gone."
~George Eliot
Here's what I wish. I wish I had an angel story. You know, like the kind you read in Reader's Digest or on a 365 day a year pull off calendar. Greg's Grandma had books in her bathroom with those stories where someone, somehow at the last minute, with divine intervention, avoids getting hit by a falling air conditioner on a city street. When the poor bloke looks for the person who pushed him out of the way, she's gone. Disappeared. Like she was never there. I've read stories about down on their luck families who are discreetly given money by old haggard women who also disappear. Angels! I mean really, I ought to be thankful. Maybe I just haven't been down and out enough for my angel to come swooping in. Honestly, I am thankful. But have you seen any angels?
"The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand;
The angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they're gone."
~George Eliot
Here's what I wish. I wish I had an angel story. You know, like the kind you read in Reader's Digest or on a 365 day a year pull off calendar. Greg's Grandma had books in her bathroom with those stories where someone, somehow at the last minute, with divine intervention, avoids getting hit by a falling air conditioner on a city street. When the poor bloke looks for the person who pushed him out of the way, she's gone. Disappeared. Like she was never there. I've read stories about down on their luck families who are discreetly given money by old haggard women who also disappear. Angels! I mean really, I ought to be thankful. Maybe I just haven't been down and out enough for my angel to come swooping in. Honestly, I am thankful. But have you seen any angels?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home