Birth
There is the sense of something bigger than myself this Advent. Like my whole life I've been serving myself, and now it's time to learn to serve Love. Really, I do lots of volunteer work, but these are things I choose, I'm drawn to. And I believe that's important. (Oh my words are weak here today.) But my freedom to pick and choose have always factored in. I love those whom I can easily love, whom I choose to love. And this strange year, the year of living within a framework that was not my choice (laid off), being consecrated as a deacon (called to love those on a list handed to me), my funky job (meeting and speaking with strangers every day I work), and much quiet time on my hands is causing me to think hard and pray a little more. Yes, there is a birth scheduled three days hence, and I hope it is within me.
There is the sense of something bigger than myself this Advent. Like my whole life I've been serving myself, and now it's time to learn to serve Love. Really, I do lots of volunteer work, but these are things I choose, I'm drawn to. And I believe that's important. (Oh my words are weak here today.) But my freedom to pick and choose have always factored in. I love those whom I can easily love, whom I choose to love. And this strange year, the year of living within a framework that was not my choice (laid off), being consecrated as a deacon (called to love those on a list handed to me), my funky job (meeting and speaking with strangers every day I work), and much quiet time on my hands is causing me to think hard and pray a little more. Yes, there is a birth scheduled three days hence, and I hope it is within me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home