Saturday, December 20, 2003

The Holy Family

To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.
~Confucius

I'm thinking about family tonight. It's bittersweet--my little family set out to watch "The Return of the King" together this afternoon, full of anticipation. While we were getting ready for this outing, our friends Bob and Rachel were sitting at the bedside of his mother, their family gathered round, easing her passage from this life. Or maybe I should say easing her passage to the next life. In any case, I just think we should honor the times we spend with our family. They are more precious than we know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home