Beauty
Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.
~Kahlil Gibran
Words fail me as I try to describe the setting sun last night. How can I explain in English the deep salmon afterglow of the horizon? The darkening indigo of the sky above me? Each tree was backlit, every branch discernible against that sunset. The moon was high, quartered, bright, a pearl in the coming dark. Those famous Indiana silos and barns grey silouhettes against the fading brightness. The warmth, last night, of a late autumn evening! Can my words evoke in others the feelings I had? The poverty of language doesn't come close to the experience.
But the experience is what I seek today. I'm searching for beauty wherever I can find it, in the ordinary and the extraordinary. Choosing my guides carefully during this Advent experience; today beauty is my lens.
Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.
~Kahlil Gibran
Words fail me as I try to describe the setting sun last night. How can I explain in English the deep salmon afterglow of the horizon? The darkening indigo of the sky above me? Each tree was backlit, every branch discernible against that sunset. The moon was high, quartered, bright, a pearl in the coming dark. Those famous Indiana silos and barns grey silouhettes against the fading brightness. The warmth, last night, of a late autumn evening! Can my words evoke in others the feelings I had? The poverty of language doesn't come close to the experience.
But the experience is what I seek today. I'm searching for beauty wherever I can find it, in the ordinary and the extraordinary. Choosing my guides carefully during this Advent experience; today beauty is my lens.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home