We spoke of justice tonight in spirituality group. We wove together stories of how we've worked for justice, and our vision for a just world. These college women have had so much experience working on service projects, traveling to third world countries. I'm in awe at their maturity. I can't help but think of how far behind them I was when I was 21. These women understand the need for justice, here and far away. Tonight as we spoke, I was reminded that service and compassion make for justice.
Centuries ago Meister Eckhart wrote:
Compassion clothes the soul with the robe of God and divinely adorns it. And those who follow compassion find life for themselves, justice for their neighbor, and glory for God.
Centuries ago Meister Eckhart wrote:
Compassion clothes the soul with the robe of God and divinely adorns it. And those who follow compassion find life for themselves, justice for their neighbor, and glory for God.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home