Saturday, October 29, 2005

The river is within us, the sea is all about us
~T.S. Eliot

How does one stay centered, homebound all the days of the week, anchored by technology, far far away from the rhythm of the seasons? In the chilly autumn morning, the leaves rained down, sunlit, and I marveled. Have I ever stopped to really see such a thing? We mused about it, Greg and I. Was it the hard frost last night that determined the fall of the leaves? Was it the light breeze? Or did the sun set last night just late enough, and rose this morning later still thereby setting off some circadian alarm?

We walk every day before work starts. I'm 15 steps from my back door. Yet my days are spent within and there never seems time enough to be out there with the light dancing in trees. And here it is, Saturday, and still I sit here writing. Time to go. Off to the real world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home