Tuesday, October 25, 2005

All good things must change.
~Gemma Hayes

It's the best part of autumn. Leaves are peaking. These days are cold and cloudy, November come early. I think this is the first year I don't have a child trick or treating. One of my very favorite people in the world tells me she is getting married and I'm happy. I think about what I'm doing now and what I want to be doing ten years from now (hospice chaplaincy) and try to figure out what the road looks like in between. All things do change--the ground shifts beneath our feet and the best thing we can do is go with it. Little girls grow up and step off the porch into their boyfriend's pickup, boys get too big to don costumes, and maybe, just maybe, I stay home this year and hand out candy. It's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home