Greg and I went out to dinner tonight. It's the 24th anniversary of our first date. Really. We haven't marked this little anniversary in years but it seemed so...big, as in can you believe we've made it this far? We were kids then, 18 years old. He turned to me over a glass of beer tonight and said, is this where you thought we'd be 24 years from that first date? I had no clue I'd even marry the guy back then. We went to a community theater play that night (so grown up!) and I remember anticipating him putting that arm around me. It took way too long. But no, in my wildest dreams I didn't think I'd end up at a restaurant 45 miles from home 24 years later, with a teenager and a half watching a video at home, a job with the church waiting for me in the morning. As I recall, before I met Greg, I didn't even have the ambition to finish college. But he changed that, he did, and college became important and later we crafted a life together. I don't ever have to worry about this man, and I don't worry about us. How lucky is that?
Monday, October 11, 2004
Previous Posts
- This must be the first day in weeks where the sun ...
- A Saturday morning at home for the first time in a...
- Not many words this week--others are saying it bet...
- As swimmers dare to lie face to the sky and water ...
- "Never had a lot of faith in human beings But some...
- "Remember that with every step, you are nearing Go...
- To do: 1. Drive to southern IN with a party of fi...
- It's that head spinning kind of busy. So I'll have...
- Two days left to the event of the year--Chick Week...
- "We must make the choices that enable us to fulfil...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home