Monday, March 01, 2004

This quote--I've been wanting to post this quote for days. I came by it secondhand, in The Spiritual Activist, my latest favorite book:

Our soul makes constant noise, but it has a silent place we never hear. When the silence of God enters us, pierces our soul and joins its silent secret place, then God is our treasure and our heart. And space opens before us like a fruit that breaks in two. Then we see the universe from a point beyond space.
~Simone Weil, from Random Thoughts on the Love of God

It was a great weekend. My son placed third in a state academic competition. What a smart boy he is. We stayed with friends, which gave me the chance to move out of the angst space I've been stuck in. It finally struck me today that yes, this is Lent, perhaps it's time set up shop in this space. Today I work at home--editing, revising, and finishing this document I worked on all last weekend. And it's very quiet here, rainy day, candle lit, grass slyly greening up. I'll say it again and smile. Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home