Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Seen on the way to work the other day, church sign:

Please go see and support "Passion."

Wow. How did Mel Gibson do that? How did he get a church in Indiana to become a free advertisement for his film?

"The movie is 126 minutes long, and I would guess that at least 100 of those minutes, maybe more, are concerned specifically and graphically with the details of the torture and death of Jesus. This is the most violent film I have ever seen."
Wow. Those are pretty strong words coming from you, Mr. Ebert.

"It is a film about an idea. An idea that it is necessary to fully comprehend the Passion if Christianity is to make any sense." Ebert, again. Thank you, Mel, but no thank you. I have no desire to see this film. Christianity makes tons of sense to me. And congratulations on the hype. You seem to have a genius for creating it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home