Sunshine, 12 degrees above zero, no school for the third day in a row. My kids can't believe their good luck. And good luck it is--I was driving on the plowed streets in town and couldn't figure out why school is out. Somewhere deep in the county, roads are bad or were bad or something.
Do you think changing your thoughts can change your reality? I'm sure I've heard a thousand times that you can't change your circumstances, but you can change your mind. And I believe that. But how much power do we have? If I imagine myself as a kind person, will I become a kind person? If I imagine myself having a successful job search, will I lean into that vision and make it a reality? I have a friend who completely believes this and instructs me to say a little thank you prayer; thank you, Lord, for providing me with the job I am meant to do. As if it's happening. As if it happened. And Shakespeare tells me, "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves." These are the things I think about these days inside with children underfoot and a resume to work on.
Do you think changing your thoughts can change your reality? I'm sure I've heard a thousand times that you can't change your circumstances, but you can change your mind. And I believe that. But how much power do we have? If I imagine myself as a kind person, will I become a kind person? If I imagine myself having a successful job search, will I lean into that vision and make it a reality? I have a friend who completely believes this and instructs me to say a little thank you prayer; thank you, Lord, for providing me with the job I am meant to do. As if it's happening. As if it happened. And Shakespeare tells me, "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves." These are the things I think about these days inside with children underfoot and a resume to work on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home