Okay, I'm totally excited. I went to speak to the county sheriff today about doing jewelry workshops with the women in the county jail. He was very up for it. We discussed the ins and outs (everything inventoried pre-class and post-class, no earrings--the pins can be used in devious ways later, tool-control, pre-cut strands for necklaces and bracelets so that no inmate has access to a spool of jewelry wire, balancing things the women tell me with what the sheriff's department knows to be true, and oh, yes, no chew allowed. You heard that one right.) and then set the dates and times. It starts the last week of January. Jeez, I wish somebody would pay me to do these things!! My new career--free jewelry workshops for at-risk girls and women. Yahoo!!
Thursday, January 08, 2004
Previous Posts
- The blog gets very quiet when I work. This morni...
- It did snow. And sleeted and rained, freezing. M...
- "So now you want to know some things. where do yo...
- It's the clean slate of the new year that I love. ...
- new year I spoke with an old friend the other nig...
- Here is what Jesus said: "Go and learn what this ...
- The best days are the quiet ones. Really. I clea...
- "We can make a good life if there is no more war. ...
- Living in the space-time continuum between Christm...
- Peace on Earth, Part 2 Wishing you much love on t...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home