Thirteen.
The birth within.
So. We're more than halfway there. Me, I've finally figured it out. What I'm looking for this Advent season, that is. As I read up on forgiveness (For my job, how lucky is that? Reading cool things and working at the same time.), I realize that what I'm looking for is the rebirth of nonviolent love. The kind of love Dr. King talks about:
"To our most bitter opponents we say: We shall match
your capacity to inflict suffering by our capacity to
endure suffering. We shall meet your physical force with
soul force. Do to us what you will, and we shall continue
to love you.
We cannot in all good conscience obey your unjust
laws, because noncooperation with evil is as much a
moral obligation as is cooperation with good. Throw
us in jail, and we shall still love you. Send your hooded
perpetrators of violence into our community at the
midnight hour and beat us and leave us half dead, and
we shall still love you. But be ye assured that we will
wear you down by our capacity to suffer."
Whatever it takes, whatever is needed, that's what I'm trying to harvest within. Jesus, show me the way.
The birth within.
So. We're more than halfway there. Me, I've finally figured it out. What I'm looking for this Advent season, that is. As I read up on forgiveness (For my job, how lucky is that? Reading cool things and working at the same time.), I realize that what I'm looking for is the rebirth of nonviolent love. The kind of love Dr. King talks about:
"To our most bitter opponents we say: We shall match
your capacity to inflict suffering by our capacity to
endure suffering. We shall meet your physical force with
soul force. Do to us what you will, and we shall continue
to love you.
We cannot in all good conscience obey your unjust
laws, because noncooperation with evil is as much a
moral obligation as is cooperation with good. Throw
us in jail, and we shall still love you. Send your hooded
perpetrators of violence into our community at the
midnight hour and beat us and leave us half dead, and
we shall still love you. But be ye assured that we will
wear you down by our capacity to suffer."
Whatever it takes, whatever is needed, that's what I'm trying to harvest within. Jesus, show me the way.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home